Catherine Katz, wife of Dr. David Katz, founder of ONQI (the algorithm behind NuVal®) shared some recipes with our own Melissa from A Better Bag of Groceries, including this light and delicious quinoa salad.
1 1/2 cups frozen French-cut green beans (Del Monte, NuVal Score of 100)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (Maille Dijon Mustard, NuVal Score of 24)
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (Benissimo Extra Virgin, NuVal Score of 23)
Pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup cooked quinoa (NuVal Score of 91)
1 teaspoon crumbled feta cheese (President Fat Free Feta, NuVal Score of 28)
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (NuVal Score of 91)
2 tablespoons chopped almonds (NuVal Score of 91)
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
2. Slice onions and set aside.
3. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes (do not overcook). Drain and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
5. Add the green beans and toss to coat.
6. Add the quinoa, cheese, onion, and almonds and toss to combine.